Australian Graduate Women is the national voice of graduate women working for the advancement and well-being of women and girls through education.
Members share the fellowship of like-minded women as they participate at local, state, territory, national and international levels in activities such as fundraising for scholarship programs – see the Scholarships link, setting up projects to assist women, advocating on women’s issues, especially in the spheres of Education and Human Rights, and networking.
What Does Membership Provide?
* Membership opportunities to become involved in a variety of national activities and projects.
* The opportunity to participate in leadership and decision-making at national and international levels
* AFW Publications include the three to four AGW national e-Newsletters.
* The right to attend the GWI Conferences and AGW AGMs and Council Meetings.
* Provide Scholarships (fellowships, grants, and bursaries) for women undertaking postgraduate degrees and research, undergraduate degrees and, in some incidences, training. click here to go to Scholarships
*Lobbying and submissions to the parliamentary process;
* Has a national voice on women’s affairs both independently and through its membership of economic Security4Women Inc. (eS4W) and Equality Rights Alliance (ERA) two of six National Women’s National Women’s Alliances
* Meetings with speakers on current issues;
* Social activities and friendship;
* Opportunities for networking, sharing of information and resources, and exchange of ideas;
* Seminars and workshops;
* Support for women’s projects in developing nations;
* Opportunities to develop leadership and NGO governance skills;
* Network of links to national and international women’s organisations and activities.
Members can choose to attend international events
Make international advocacy submissions
Members may participate in the GWI Projects
Reports of AGW/GWI projects and advocacy were presented to IFUW/GWI Conferences in Geneva, Switzerland; Cape Town, South Africa; Istanbul, Turkey; Mexico City, Mexico and Manchester, Great Britain during August 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 respectively. Members may view the reports on the Members Section (password required).